Medan Area University is a private tertiary institution in Medan, North Sumatra Province. Indonesia, which was founded by Haji Agus Salim Siregar in 1983. The Chancellor since February 2018 is Prof. Dr. Dadan Ramdan, M.Eng., M.Sc. At present the University of Medan Area has seven Faculties with 16 study programs for Strata 1 (S1) and 4 study programs for Strata 2 (S2). The seven faculties, namely the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Agriculture, the Faculty of Economics, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, the Faculty of Psychology and the Faculty of Biology already have ACCREDITED status for all study programs that they hold with an average grade of “B”.
The Faculty of Agriculture, University of Medan Area, is the Best Faculty of Agriculture in Medan, North Sumatra because one of the existing study programs is the Agribusiness Study Program, the only one that has received an “A” accreditation in North Sumatra . Faculty of Agriculture, University of Medan Area Has 2 Study Programs namely “A” 9 / SK / BAN-PT / Akred / S / I / 2018 Agribusiness Study Program, and 4818 / SK / BAN-PT / Akred / S Agrotechnology Study Program / XII / 2017.
History of the Faculty of Agriculture of UMA
Faculty of Agriculture, University of Medan Area was established in 1983. People who reach 36 years (established since 1983) with a teaching staff profile of 5 professors, 12 people holding doctorates and the rest holding master degrees are supported by good academic facilities and infrastructure, which also makes the faculty agriculture field medan area one of the leading private tertiary institutions in Indonesia.
In addition, student support activities such as fieldtrips and street work carried out and the implementation of an internal quality assurance system (SPMI) that is integrated with the application of our curriculum (Indonesian national qualification framework) in both study programs managed by both agrotechnology and agribusiness will produce professional, innovative graduates and moral.
Vision and mission
In 2025, the Faculty will excel at the national level in producing Innovative, Personality, and Independent graduates in Agriculture.
- Carrying out higher education based on competencies of high quality, innovative, and personality in discovering, developing, and implementing IPTEKS in Agriculture.
- Develop education and teaching based on quality assurance.
- Improving the quality of research activities through the development of science and technology that supports sustainable development.
- Develop community service activities in an effort to increase the active role of the faculty in the application of research results in agriculture and support sustainable development.
- Develop quality regional and national cooperation to support the implementation of the Tridarma of Higher Education.
Faculty Development Strategy
To achieve the vision, the faculty has several development strategies, namely:
- Increasing the relevance of graduates through developing the implementation of the IQF , as well as having academic competence, innovative and independent.
- Increasing the competence of professional graduates in the field of sustainable organic agriculture and agribusiness as well as the development of innovative and independent entrepreneurship.
- Increasing the implementation of quality, effective and efficient agribusiness and agribusiness education in sustainable agriculture according to national education standards that are in line with community needs and national development.
- Increasing Agribusiness and Agribusiness research that is useful as a problem solver for stakeholders.
- Increasing the work of innovative science and technology in the field of organic and sustainable agriculture for the independence of graduates.
- Increased partnership partnerships with various government and private institutions both at home and abroad.
Faculty of Agriculture Study Program and Accreditation
Faculty of Agriculture, University of Medan Area Has Two Study Programs, namely:
- Agribusiness Accreditation Study Program No. SK 9 / SK / BAN-PT / Akred / S / I / 2018
- Agrotechnology Study Program Accreditation B No. SK 4818 / SK / BAN-PT / Akred / S / XII / 2017.
UMA Faculty of Agriculture Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Aid for Education Fees (BBP) See the Official Website
- Academic Achievement Scholarship (PPA) See Official Website
- Scholarship Ranking See Official Website
- Brother Scholarship See Official Website